2. Describe four modifications that can be made in regular classroom and/or ways special and general educators can collaborate to increase the academic achievement of students who are have Section 504 plans. .Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) EXAMPLE: The student does not meet eligibility requirements under IDEA as emotionally disturbed, learning disabled or other health impaired. A doctor regards the student as having ADD, and for purposes of this example, the disability limits the major life activity of learning. The student, because of his disability, is unable to participate in the school’s programs to the same degree as students without disabilities and therefore is substantially limited by the disability. Possible Accommodations and Services: •Seat the student away from distractions and in close proximity to the teacher •State classroom rules, post in an obvious location and enforce consistently •Use simple, concise instructions with concrete steps •Provide seating options •Tolerate (understand the need) excessive movement •Provide a peer tutor/helper .Cerebral Palsy EXAMPLE: The student has serious difficulties with fine and gross motor skills. A wheelchair is used for mobility. For purposes of this example, the condition substantially limits the major life activity of walking. Cognitive skills are intact. . Possible Accommodations and Services: •Provide assistive technology devices •Arrange for use of ramps and elevators •Allow for extra time between classes •Assist with carrying books, lunch trays, etc. •Adapt physical education curriculum •Provide for physical therapy as appropriate. Such therapy needs to relate directly to “life skills.” .Asthma EXAMPLE: A student has been diagnosed as having severe asthma. The doctor has advised the student not to participate in physical activity outdoors. For purposes of this example, the disability limits the major life activity of breathing. Possible Accommodations and Services: •Adapt activity level for recess, physical education, etc. •Provide inhalant therapy assistance •Train for proper dispensing of medications; monitor and/or distribute medications; monitor for side effects .Diabetes EXAMPLE: A sixth grader with juvenile diabetes requires accommodation to maintain optimal blood sugar. His mom provides the crackers and juice to be used at “break” time and before physical education class. She asks that teachers remind him to eat at a certain time of the morning if he does not pay attention to the beeper on his watch. The youngster is very self sufficient; while he is able to monitor his own blood sugar now, he prefers to do this privately. Therefore, mom asks that the equipment and a notebook/log be stored in a nearby file cabinet and the youngster be allowed to go into the hall with the equipment to check his blood sugar twice a day. She also asks that his teacher allow him to use the bathroom as needed. . Possible Accommodations and Services: •Health care plan for management of condition in the school setting and in emergencies •Educate staff to signs/symptoms of insulin reaction/hypoglycemia: hunger, shakiness, sweatiness, change in face color, disorientation, drowsiness •Never leave the child alone if he/she is feeling poorly; walk to the office or clinic with the student.
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.