Chapter 5 highlights the budgeting techniques, fiscal management practices, and accounting principles that assist public administrators in aligning resources to outcomes. For this short paper, review Exercise 1 on page 193 and then write a paper that answers the following question: Does the budget tell you what you need to know in order to act from the viewpoint of the city council member, the public works department, and the average citizen? Explain your answer using the strengths and weaknesses of the various budgeting techniques outlined in Chapter 5. Guidelines for Submission: Your paper should be about 1 page in length with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Public Administration: An Action Orientation Robert B. Denhardt, Janet V. Denhardt, and Tara A. Blanc Cengage Learning Seventh Edition2014 ISBN: 978-1-133-93921-4 Figure 5.4 contains several pages from the City of Tempe’s budget document. Analyze these budget pages from the perspective of (1) a city council member who will have to make decisions about which city services to fund; (2) the public works department director, who wants to improve services to the community; and (3) an average citizen interested in seeing whether the city’s tax dollars are being put to good use. For the purposes of each viewpoint, how complete and clear is the information? Does the budget tell you what you want to know in order to act? How might the budget presentation be improved? To what extent is any local govern- ment’s budget a reflection of the particular locality? https://mbsdirect.vitalsource.com/books/9781133939…
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.