Arguments consist of premises and conclusions. Premises are structured so as to lend support to conclusions. The kind of support that a premise lends to a conclusion allows us to distinguish between deductive and inductive arguments. This week, you will be constructing both kinds of arguments.1.In three premises each, construct one example of each following deductive argument form:Modus ponensModus tollensHypothetical syllogismDisjunctive syllogismMake sure your arguments are deductively valid and that your examples are your own. Here are two examples of the general format that your arguments should take:Modus ponens:1.If it is raining, then it is pouring.2.It is raining.3.Therefore, it is pouring.Modus tollens:1.If Jack went to the grocery store, then he bought cookies.2.Jack did not buy cookies.3.Therefore, Jack did not go to the grocery store.2.After you construct the preceding deductive argument forms, construct a three premise syllogism. For example:1.All men are mortal.2.Socrates is a man.3.Therefore, Socrates is mortal.3.After you construct a three premise syllogism, construct one of each of the following inductive argument patterns:Induction by enumerationReasoning by analogyStatistical inductionHigher-level inductionYour examples of inductive argument patterns should not be expressed in premise form. Rather, they should be informally expressed in writing. You should have one paragraph for each pattern. Be as detailed as possible.Finally, please remember to label your arguments. This makes it easier for them to be graded. Include your name, course section, and the date at the top of your assignment document.View your assignment rubric.
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.