6 pages long. Describe the movie, “Apollo 13” and the social issue in the movie. (What problem did they face, How did they fix it…)
Unformatted Attachment Preview
SOCIAL ISSUE IN
M A S T E R P I E C E S FA L L 2 0 1 8
• Choose an Academy Award nominated (for Best Picture or Production) movie from before 2005 (Best
Picture, Best Original Screenplay, Best Adapted Screenplay) that contains a social issue (marriage, war,
• Research public opinion about the issue at the time the movie was made or set. Then research opinion
about the issue now.
• Write a researched paper that contains the following sections:
• A description of how the issue is evidenced in the movie you chose (1 1/2 -2 pages)
Public opinion at the time of the text’s writing or setting (1 ½-2 pages)
• Public opinion now (1 ½-2 pages)
• An analysis of whether the movie followed public opinion of the issue at the time of its production. (1 ½-2
• Use either Calibri (12 pt. font) or Times New Roman (12 pt. font.)
• Double space and use 1” margins
• Follow APA or MLA in-text citations rules and include a reference page (APA) or works cited
• If you cite from the text, follow the same APA or MLA documentation rules
FORMATTING AND FILM LINKS
• APA formatting from OWL Purdue
• MLA formatting from Owl Purdue
• Internet Movie Database
• List of Academy Award nominees and winners (best picture)
• Six sources besides the film itself.
• Must be academic (no Wikipedia, ehow, about.com, or unauthored websites)
• HIGHLY recommended that you use the library databases
• Friends Library Home Page
• Should contain six sources plus the film you chose.
• In APA or MLA Format (links on Moodle for examples)
• Citations in alphabetical order.
• Each citation followed by annotation.
• Annotation should contain five sentences: three summarizing the source, one explaining why it
is a credible source, and one explaining in which part of the research paper you intend to use
Purchase answer to see full