Assignment 2: Formulating a Research Question”How do you measure a potato?” That is the legendary question that Endel Tulving is said to have used to stump his first-year psychology graduate students (Ellsworth & Gonzalez, 2003). The students would come up with a wide variety of creative answers: You can weigh it, compute its volume, measure the water content, describe its chemical properties, and others. This list would grow quite long until, eventually, students would have the hoped-for lightbulb moment: You can’t accurately measure something until you have clearly expressed what it is that you want to know about it. In other words, you can’t design an appropriate research project until you have composed a specific research question.Reference:Ellsworth, P. C., & Gonzalez, R. (2003). Questions and comparisons: Methods of research in social psychology. In M. Hogg & J. Cooper (Eds.), The SAGE handbook of social psychology (pp. 24–43). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.Tasks:Describe a workplace problem that could be investigated by an industrial/organizational (I/O) professional.Formulate a research question related to the workplace problem that you identified. Use the following questions as a guideline for help in formulating your final research question:What is the specific problem?What is the evidence of the problem? (Hint: Cite professional or scholarly sources here to support your position.)What do you suspect is causing the problem?Is the research question clearly expressed, without being too general or too narrow?Does the question relate to the identified problem?Is it possible or realistic to be able to design a research project that will answer the research question?Will your proposed research question, if answered, add to the body of knowledge in the industrial/organizational (I/O) field? In other words, has a similar research project already been published?Submission Details:By the due date assigned, post your responses in about 300 words to this Discussion Area.
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.