A public health program is costly in time, expenditures, and effort. The stakes are high, and the aims are noble, often no less than improving the wellbeing of an entire community or group. The only way to determine whether the program has been worth these costs is to conduct thorough evaluations. In public health, as in most fields, researchers and experts have differing terms for similar concepts, and there is a lack of consistent labels that are used throughout a given discipline. For example, public health textbooks differ in how they categorize subtopics under the umbrella term of evaluation. This week’s course texts describe two differing ways to conceptualize the four types of evaluation on which you will focus this week: formative, process, impact, and outcome. Although they agree on formative and process evaluation, they give opposite explanations for impact and outcome evaluations. For the purposes of this week’s work, please use the Fertman text’s definitions.For this week’s Discussion, review the media titled Evaluating Health Programs. Consider how Water Missions Belize co-founder Jennifer Harsta conducts program evaluation in a water sanitation program. Also, reflect on how she and her employees might improve her program based on the evaluation and how she might improve her evaluation methods. Then, using credible online sources, locate two examples of public health programs that have been thoroughly evaluated. One way to find examples of evaluations is to search for public health topics of interest to you. For example, the phrase “tobacco program outcomes” yields a good sample evaluation at http://www.cdc.gov/prc/prevention-strategies/smoking-cessation-program.htm (Note: Please do not use this example for your post.)By Day 4Post a summary of the evaluations of two public health programs that includes the evaluators, stakeholders, results, and unique features. For each program, explain one way in which you might use the evaluation results to improve the program. Finally, explain which program evaluation was more effective and why.
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.