A report based on the assessment detail section, Assessment structure and Rubric.Kindly address all the point in rubric, assessment details section by following the assessment structure. Its an imperative to avoid any appositive within sentences, easy and readable with proper reference where ever necessary. In depth details are provided as attachment.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Leadership and Management Development Plan 3000 words report
1. explain the broader system, organisation and group (team and unit) context in which their
particular professional occupation or discipline is set and relate it to existing theory
2. summarise and evaluate the extant body of knowledge on leadership and management
3. reflect on interpersonal skills as a leader and/or manager
4. apply existing theory and research to the work setting
5. critique existing theory and research and challenge prevailing paradigms, world views, values and
6. apply an evidence-based approach to leadership and management in health
Building on Assessment 1 and 2, develop a 3000-word leadership and management development
****The Personal Leadership Development Plan should include the following******:
• The leadership and management development plan can be about yourself and/or any other
members of your organisation (or this can be hypothetical).
• Considering the appraisal of your own leadership role (official or unofficial) in relation to one or
more of the leadership theories covered in this unit (e.g. selfawareness; reflection on your own
• The analysis must show close links between theory and practice that is between the literature,
yourself and your development needs.
• Your plan should be evidence-based – that is drawing on evidence about the
management/leadership and areas that needs further development.
• The justification for the areas to work on could include performance feedback you have available
or have gathered from your supervisor, colleagues, staff or clients; self-reflection and exercises
completed in the weekly activities in this unit, such as peer input, or development training feedback.
• The plan needs to comprise the concept of diversity and embraces acceptance and respect. It
means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising and accepting individual
similarities and differences. These can be along the lines of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical and mental abilities, religious beliefs, political
beliefs, or other ideologies. It is the exploration of these differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing
environment. It is about understanding each other and moving beyond mere tolerance to embracing
and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual.
Assignment structure Please be advised that there can be variations in preparing your
assignment. However, the below outline can be used in your writing.
– Cover page
– Abstract/Summary – summarising the report and key take home messages (100 words).
– Table of contents
– Introduction: – A brief background about the workplace/setting, importance of leadership and
management development (up to 200 words)
– Leadership and management development plan, (kindly review assessment details section for indepth points) (up to 2300 words)
– Conclusion and recommendations – provide key points and/or “take-home” messages and
recommendations regarding the improvement of the healthcare leadership/management (up to 400
– References – APA style need to be used for references and in-text citations. The number of
references ( MINIMUM 16 “doi” or review journals); however, it is recommended to use the most
recent literature in your area (if possible, the last 6-10 years).
Important Reference for ASSESSMENT 3
(Freeman & Sinha, 2018; Kwamie, 2014; Paterson & Burmeister, 2015; Sonnino, 2016; Whaley, amp,
& Gillis, 2018)
Freeman, A. M. N. R., & Sinha, S. S. (2018). The Essential Role of Leadership Development. Journal of
the American College of Cardiology, 72(18), 2272-2275. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2018.09.029
Kwamie, A. v. D. H. A. I. A. (2014). Advancing the application of systems thinking in health: realist
evaluation of the Leadership Development Programme for district manager decision-making
in Ghana. Health Research Policy and Systems, 12, 55-61.
Paterson, K. H. A., & Burmeister, E. (2015). The impact of a leadership development programme on
nurses’ self-perceived leadership capability. Journal of Nursing Management, 23(8), 10861093. doi:10.1111/jonm.12257
Sonnino, R. E. (2016). Health care leadership development and training: progress and pitfalls. Journal
of Healthcare Leadership, 8, 19. doi:10.2147/JHL.S68068
Whaley, A., amp, & Gillis, W. E. (2018). Leadership development programs for health care middle
managers. Health Care Management Review, 43(1), 79-89.
Purchase answer to see full