ABC company enters into a lease agreement with XYZ corporation for laser tech machines. The lease agreement qualifies as an operating lease. However, there is one thing that stands out. There is a bargain-purchase option. After the 3-year lease term, each laser tech machine can be purchased for $500, even though the market value is $850.You are the controller of ABC company. You feel that the machine should be recorded as a capital lease because of the bargain-purchase option. Your manager, Martha, feels that at the end of the 3-year term, the laser tech will not be worth $500 because of rapid advances in technology.What is the ethical issue?What should you, the controller, do?What are the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for reporting a lease as a capital lease
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.