Brenda is a nurse in a special care nursery. A 16-year-old girl had been admitted to the emergency department earlier that morning with complaints of excruciating back pain and nausea. She was diagnosed as being in labor and transferred to the labor and delivery unit. She was apparently unaware of the pregnancy. She received no prenatal care and cannot remember the exact date of her last menstrual period. An ultrasound determined the infant to be approximately 5 lb. All attempts to stop labor are unsuccessful, and a baby girl is delivered. The newborn is placed on the open bed warmer for the team to assess.They observe decreased muscle tone, spontaneous respirations, and heart rate 120. The infant is crying softly. The infant receives stimulation by drying with a warm blanket and oxygen blow-by via bag and mask by the respiratory therapist at just prior to 1 minute of age. The infant’s color is blue at 1 minute of age and her Apgar score is 7. The infant’s tone improves, and she begins to pull her arms and legs to midline. Her color improves quickly with blow-by oxygen and the respiratory therapist slowly backs off the oxygen. The infant receives an Apgar score of 9 at 5 minutes of age.The baby’s physical appearance includes the following: head a little larger than body size, numerous veins visible under skin, plantar creases on half of foot sole, ears are formed and soft with little cartilage, nipples aren’t well defined, labia majora smaller than labia minora. What equipment would Brenda check to ensure that it was present and working properly for the delivery? Why might she need this equipment?Based on the physical assessment and response to resuscitation, what would you determine this infant to be: preterm, term, or postterm? Why? How many weeks gestation would you estimate the newborn to be?Once the infant is stable, what course of action should Brenda take next? Why? What problems should she anticipate?2202
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.