Please write a paragraph responding to the discussion bellow. Add citations and references in alphabetical order. According to Goleman (2000), leading, managing, and following require different skills from those associated with technical skills-based aspects of nursing. The required skills to increase harmony among the workplace include: emotional intelligence, possessing social skills, interpersonal competence, psychological maturity, and emotional awareness. A person with strong self-awareness would demonstrate the ability to step outside oneself to envision the context of what is happening while recognizing and owning feelings associated with an event (Yoder-Wise, 2011). Other attributes of leaders and managers include having the ability to examine multiple options to accomplish the objective at hand flexibly, identify the needs of others and willingness to accept responsibility and follow up on the consequences of actions taken.An example of a person with strong self-awareness would be when a nurse is doing their initial health evaluation of a patient and through the awareness of patient’s non-verbal clues, realizes that the patient is uncomfortable for some reason. Then, nurse realizes that patient is of Asian decent and remembers that some cultures believe that direct eye contact, modesty and invading personal space can be seen as disrespectful. The nurse than asks the patient if there is anything they can do to make them more comfortable. Once they patient responds, the nurse should then respect that patient’s wishes and adapt the assessment to help the patient feel as respected as possible without compromising the assessment. In doing so, that nurse demonstrated the ability to step out of oneself and accomplish the objective at hand flexibly while identifying and needing the needs of others. References Goleman, D.P.: Working with emotional intelligence. 2000, Bantam Books, New York.
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.