Please write a paragraph responding to the discussion bellow. Add citations and references in alphabetical order. Continuous quality improvement (CQI) is a continuous process involving all levels of the organization working together across departmental lines to produce better services for health care clients (Moran & Johnson, 1992). Total quality commitment must include all levels of an organization’s structure. Quality patient care services will be achieved as the result of positive interactions among departments working together to build a dynamic mechanism that continuously improves the processes and outcomes of health care services.The department that I work in recently initiated a CQI for teaching patients about medications. Because we have standardized order sets for our patients following the birth of their baby, we use many ‘routine’ medications for our patients during their stay. To better educate out patients about the medications they are receiving, we created an informational handout that talks about the common medications we administer to our patients. When we give the handouts to our patients, we personalize it by circling or highlighting the medications that are ordered for that specific patient. This has been helpful for our patients the see what medications they are given, what they are given for, what the side effects are, and any specific administration instructions. We decided to initiate this process because our patient satisfaction surveys were showing a decline of scores due to the staff not effectively explaining the medications our patients were given. Because we have just initiated this process, we have yet to see if this has improved our future satisfaction scores, however, we have experienced positive feedback from our patients during their hospitalization. ReferenceMoran, M. J. & Johnson, J. E. (1992). Quality improvement: The nurses’ role. ANA Publication, 80(7), 45-61. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1621942
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.