(1) Turing presents his test for thinking as a sufficiency test for thinking. Explain what this means and how he defends the test’s adequacy as such. Is Turing’s defense of the test’s adequacy compelling? Or is there an objection to the test powerful enough to undermine it?(2) Turing considers and responds to several arguments from disability, each of which purports to show that machines cannot think. Which one of those arguments from disability (that he directly responds to) do you think is the strongest? Why is it the strongest? Does Turing’s response successfully refute that argument?(3) Explain Searle’s Chinese Room thought experiment, the conclusion he draws on its basis, and why the thought experiment is supposed to establish that conclusion. What is the most powerful objection to Searle’s position you can think of and what do you think Searle’s likely response would be?(4) If you accept Searle’s thought experiment and the conclusion he draws from it, would that show that the Turing Test is a bad test for thinking? Why or why not? (Be sure to explain any key parts of the two views that you need to make your case.)(5) Dennett’s view can be thought of as a replacement for the Turing test. What are some of the key similarities and differences between “the Dennett test” and the Turing test? Which do you think is the better test for intelligence/thinking and why?
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.