Based on your review, you determined that specific polices related to incident reporting and physical safeguards need revising. Develop two separate policies, using the template below, to address the following topics.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Privacy Officer Assessment
You have been asked by management to develop the content of an organization’s security and privacy
training and awareness program. You will select privacy and security topics that need to be
communicated to all workforce members, and you will develop a plan.
Medical Center of DeVry is a leading healthcare organization specializing in pediatric healthcare and has
an expanded network of physicians and pediatric specialists. It is the beginning of the fiscal budgetary
year, and all assessments, improvement projects, and proposals are due within the next 30 days. As
privacy officer, you will have to create a privacy and security plan. This process will consist of three
components: an assessment of the organization, a training and awareness program, and a
The purpose of the assessment is to review the current condition and the effectiveness of your privacy
and security program in order to move forward with HIPAA’s privacy and security requirements.
Policies and Procedures
Based on your review, you determined that specific polices related to incident reporting and physical
safeguards need revising. Develop two separate policies, using the template below, to address the
1. Incident Reporting
▪ Address what types of incidents should be reported to include
1. inappropriate use of a computer; and
2. Release of information to patients and outside agencies or individuals without authorization.
▪ Address the expectations for reporting to include
1. time frame in which employees need to report; and
2. How employees will report.
▪ Outline the procedures for reporting incidents to include
1. who receives complaints;
2. how complaints are investigated; and
3. How notification to affected individuals occurs.
Use the following template.
Purchase answer to see full