A major issue that influences diagnoses of substance abuse and addiction in persons with disabilities is that abuse and addiction are frequently seen as secondary to another disability. Thus, the abuse or addiction issues may receive limited clinical attention, or else they are not acknowledged at all. How do you suppose an addictions professional could provide limited clinical attention to such a client? For this Discussion, consider the impact of disability on treatment of substance abuse and addiction in individuals. Post an explanation of why some individuals with disabilities are not likely to receive treatment for their addiction. Describe some of the risk factors for addiction faced by people with disabilities. Reference Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2016). Foundations of addictions counseling (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education, Inc. Chapter 15, “Persons With Disabilities and Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders” (pp. 238-352)
RE: SOCW6103 – Special Needs of Persons With Disabilities (wk5)
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.