Bowie State University athletic department wants to develop its budget for the coming year, using a forecast for football attendance. Football attendance accounts for the largest portion of the University revenues. The new President of the university who is also a football fan has asked the athletic director to come up with strategies in promoting the university football team. The athletic director believes that attendance is directly related to the number of wins by the team. Instead of attempting to predict attendance based on only one variable (wins), the athletic department has included a second variable for advertising and promotional expenditures as well. The university president is anxious to know the result of this forecast to determine strategies that improve attendance and boost revenues for the University. The business manager of the BSU football team has accumulated total annual attendance figures for the past 8 years: Wins Promotion Attendance 4 $14500 21300 6 40700 25100 6 56300 26200 8 72000 38000 6 60000 29000 7 57000 30600 5 40300 24000 7 66600 32500 Given the number of returning starters and the strength of the schedule, the athletic director believes the team will win at least seven games next year. He wants to develop a multiple regression equation for these data to forecast attendance for this level of success. Discussion questions Given that Attendance as the dependent variable and Wins and Promotion as independent variables, use excel to estimate the relationship between attendance and promotion and wins. (Copy and paste results from excel output). Also write down the estimated equation.What is the strength of this relationship? Use the coefficient of determination R squared from the excel output to describe this relationship. Is the relationship significant? Use the “Fisher significance” from the excel output to determine this. Begin by stating the null and the alternate hypotheses.
Why work with us?
Authenticity:All of our papers are authentic, as each paper of ours is composed according to your unique requirements. Confidentiality: We value you data. Our company is extremely efficient in guarding the privacy of our clients. 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the event you cancel your order, you get your money back as soon as possible, we give a 100% refund. 24/7 Support: Our team members are available via email, live chat, and phone. Revision Policy: You can apply for a revision if you think your paper could be better. In this case, your paper will be revised either by the specialist assigned to you or by another writer.
How the Platform Works
- Click on 'Place Your Order' tab on the menu or click on 'Order Now' tab at the bottom and a new order page will appear
- Fill in your requirements depending on your needs under the 'PAPER DETAILS' area
- In the next section, fill in the academic level, required number of pages, paper deadline as provided in the drop-down menus.
- To enter your registration details, click on 'CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN'. This step allows you to create an account with us for purposes of record-keeping. Click on 'PROCEED TO CHECK OUT' at the bottom of the page
- The next section requires you to fill in the payment details. Follow the guided process and soon your order will be available for our team to work on.